the beginning of it all-first post

November 09, 2009

I think this marks the beginning of it all for me. I took this picture in 2007 at the now defunct Hable Construction brick and mortar on Perry St. in Manhattan. I adored the composition as a whole, but when I focused on each item separately I was a little...uninspired. I realized that the arrangement and display of these photographs and ephemera was more important than the pieces themselves. That's when my crush on art walls started to really blossom. Today, I'm happy to say that my little crush has grown into a full-fledged relationship as I have this blog and the artwallonline site to show for it. It's a special day. We are... "going public," so to speak. I'll be celebrating this evening in front of my own art wall with a glass of red and some dark chocolate. Care to join?
signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely finding your blog. Looking forward to reading more.
Best.

Dihtri said...

Hi Katie, I love the concept of your site. It is so true that pieces of artwork can compliment each other and bring out the best in other pieces that it can't do on its own. I believe we're Blogging Your Way classmates, but I've been watching your site since it first emerged. :)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails