fan favorites: jenny of love me again

April 30, 2010

It's that time again. Today's "fan favorite" comes from Jenny Nelson of Charleston, South Carolina. Jenny is an old friend of mine from college and the proprietress of Love Me Again Clothing, a vintage and consignment boutique on Coming St. in Charleston.

Jenny is one of those gals that seems to exude style, set trends and break fashion barriers. She's worked at highter-end stores in the past such as Jil Sander, Neimen Marcus and more recently Hampden in South Carolina. Although she can appreciate the occasional luxury clothing purchases, she always comes back 'round to vintage. You could say it's her calling, it suits her.

(AW) First and foremost: what's your favorite piece on Art Wall?
(JN) Chihuahua in a Scarf by Lucy Snowe, for so many reasons. Reason #1: I am really drawn to color photography. Reason #2 I love the vintage pillow and the color of the chair. Reason #3: I could stare at that dog's face all day. It cracks me up how stoic and regal she looks. Either she can't move in her burka or she's actually posing for her portrait. I believe the latter of the two options. She's a diva!

(AW) I agree, total diva. So, you're obviously into vintage and handmade. What is your most cherished handmade possession?
(JN) The cross-stitched sampler that my mom made for me for my college graduation. I know it took her many months to complete so it was a true labor of love. I cherish it now and can't wait to pass it on to the next generation.

(AW) That is too sweet, I remember it from our first Chicago apartment. Speaking of apartments, what's your favorite item in your home under $10.00?
(JN) It's ever-changing as I collect more things, but right now it's my gold-feathred tin peacocks. I found them at an estate sale and the former owner was a wonderful lady named Johnnie Wineglass. What a name, right? When I found the peacocks along with some gold go-go boots from the 60's, I knew that we were kindred spirits. I think of her every time I look at them.

(AW) I'd say, that sounds like you in several decades, of course you will still be wearing the boots and not selling them. On the subject of fashion, what is your favorite new item for spring?
(JN) I'm really digging the romper right now. They're so comfy and fun. Paired with some gold hoops and platform wedges, I feel so "70's glamour." Love it! (Image sources)

(AW) Okay, one last question and it's on the topic of glamour: what is highest on your luxury wish-list?
(JN) I would love to own a shabby beach cottage with a wrap-around porch on Sullivan's Island, one of the prettiest islands surrounding Charleston. I'd fill it with some lovely found objects and furniture, leave the doors and windows open to the sea, and snuggle up with a good book on the hammock. That sounds so luxurious to me. (Image: Flickr user Jamiemck2001)

(AW) Well, you're a lady that goes after your dreams so I'd bank on that happening some day. Jen, thanks for spilling your guts today and giving us a peek into your world, your walls, and your wishes.
signature

1 comment:

jacqueline said...

This is so inspirational! I love this "fan favorite" column and today's interview! Jenny's style is gorgeous and i adore her very PINK site! Have a lovely merry happy day and love to you!

p/s: i still can't seem to get my eyes away from your lovely purchase from Janick of Neawear!! Heart it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails