fan favorites: my mom

May 07, 2010


In honor of Mother's day I decided to invite my mom, Diana Johnson, to talk about some of her favorite things. She's pretty predictable--give her time by the beach or in her garden with family and friends and she's in heaven. You'll see, read on...

(AW) What do you like best about being a mom?
(DJ) Watching my girls grow with bright new ideas and love for other people (and sharing their happiness with others). I love a call about something happy that has happened in their lives.

(AW) What is your favorite piece from Art Wall?
(DJ) It's been replaced but it was Jess Gonacha Swift's How to become a Mermaid. I bought it for my friend Marian who lives on the beach. (Image: 2, credit: Jess Gonacha Swift)

(AW) What is your favorite thing to do when not working, or should I say now that you're retired?
(DJ) Gardening when the weather permits, reading when it doesn't. (Image: 3, credit: Katie Stephenson)

(AW) What is the best advice your mother gave you?
(DJ) Be happy with what you have. (Image 4: credit: silhouette house)

(AW) Oh I can just picture her saying that. She was a wise woman who always seemed happy with little things. Speaking of little things, what is your favorite item in your home under $10.00?
(DJ) Photos of family members. (Image: 5, credit: D. Johnson)

(AW) What is your favorite memory of your mother (my grandma) from childhood?
(DJ) Mom always played with me at the beach. She was busy with 4 other children at home but at the beach she gave me her time. She taught me how to make drippy sandcastles--with water and sand. (Image: 6, credit: Oracle)

(AW) What is your most cherished handmade possession?
(DJ) My kids' art: your drawings, and Liz and Jenny's pottery.

(AW) What is your favorite place to be in the world?
(DJ) With your dad and the rest of my family at one of the Monterey beaches. Pacific Grove's are some of the best. (Images:1 and 7, Credit: Katie Stephenson)

Thanks, mom, and happy mother's day to all the mommies out there!

signature

3 comments:

Sarah said...

too sweet ... I have to agree that I'm in heaven when I'm at the beach! Happy Mother's Day to you too. xoxo

jacqueline said...

I am so in LOVE with this week's fan favorite!! Thank you so much for inviting your lovely mama! Happy mother's day weekend and happy mother's day!! Love to you and your lovely mama!

Make, Do & Send said...

I really enjoyed this post! I think it was such a sweet idea to have your mum share her favourites with us all :) Alex

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails