fan favorites: rachel's picks

May 28, 2010

Happy Friday, everyone! I have really been enjoying putting these posts together each week. Even when I think I know someone well I get to learn just a little bit more about them. This week's post comes from a super buddy of mine: Rachel T. Rach and I met when I started working at Shopbop in early 2005. We soon found that we shared a love of clothes, home decor, vintage, thrifting, boogie-down music and (don't judge) reality T.V. Folks, meet Rachel:

(AW) What's your favorite piece from Art Wall?
(RT) I'm completely smitten with: "Waiting Spring" by Corella Illustration. Maybe it's because I've got little girls on the brain (I'm a new mom) but I think it's absolutely adorable. I love how soothing and sweet the colors are and the vintage feel of this girl and her sweet little dress make me smile.

(AW) What's your favorite thing to do when you're not working?
(RT) I'm loving the fact that it's summer because this my favorite time of year. I cherish days when I can relax with a wonderful glass of wine and spend time with my husband, baby girl, step-son and pooches. I love sitting outside, eating dinner and enjoying the summer heat. This might sound crazy but also enjoy cleaning. I'm happiest when my house is in order and I can relax and not stress about the laundry-list of things I need to get done. I'm also into decorating my home, music and oh yeah, I love television--"Housewives" is my secret Thursday night indulgence. (Wine image: Mr. T in D.C. on Flickr)

(AW) Who is your go-to clothing designer?
(RT) Since I work around fashion all day long I can honestly say it's kind of hard for me to narrow my favorites down to just one. I do, however, have my staple favorites that I come back to year after year. I'm a pretty simple classic and comfort girl at heart, I love me some blue jeans. Whatever the season, I roll with the trends: boyfriend, skinny, cropped you name it, I love. I'd have to say that Genetic Denim and Citizens of Humanity rank among the tops for me. I'm still a Vince girl for casual pieces and as far as accessories go, I love my Ginette NY jewelry and my Rayban Wayfarers are never far from reach on sunny days. (Image sources)

(AW) What is your favorite place to be in the world?
(RT) This might sound a bit crazy but it's anywhere I am with my family. I love being around my Grandma, she'll be 90 this year. That makes me about as happy as I can be.

(AW) What is your most cherished summer memory?
(RT) Among my favorites, I'd have to include bike-riding all day into the night with my sister and playing in the woods with mom yelling for us to get home for bed. Sitting in the shore of Lake Superior at dusk listening to the waves lapping on the shore while eating Mackinac Island fudge ice cream wasn't too bad, either. (Lake Superior image: Heidigoseek)
signature

2 comments:

Laura said...

Great post and wonderful fan favorites :)

jacqueline said...

Such a lovely post! I really enjoy reading it lots and that "Waiting Spring" by Corella Illustration is gorgeous! Have a lovely merry happy week and love to you!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails