I thought I'd mix it up this week with my top 12 and mention the things I love about the city I call home. A lot of these "faves" revolve around the summer, which seems to have set in overnight around here. I'm ready for each and every one of these...like now!
1) I mean, come on. Who wouldn't list this as #1? The Memorial Union Terrace is by far the most special place in town. Image: Todd Klassy.
3) One of the many free things to do in town: the Henry Vilas Zoo is also among the best. Image: Madison Guy.
6) The Memorial Union--more than just a place to booze. The Craft Shop offers hundreds of mini-classes, most under $100. Image: Wisconsin Union.
7) Rated among the best in America, the Dane County Farmer's Market is a summer staple. Image: Brandon W.
8) The Hoofers Sailing Club co-op offers unlimited lessons and access to over 50 boats for $250/summer. Image: Todd Klassy.
9) My favorite theatre in the world, not really in Madison, but not far from it: American Player's Theatre. Image: Carissa Dixon.
10) Another family favorite: the new Madison Children's Museum. Image: Madison Children's Museum.
11) Our own little piece of Park City: the Sundance Theatre in Madison. I refuse to see a show anywhere else. Image: Sundance Theatre in Madison.
Have you been here before? Did I miss anything?