fan favorites: sophie b.

March 12, 2010

Are you ready for today's fan favorites? Today's fan is Sophie B. of....well she doesn't have a website but trust me, she's unforgettable. I think she's the one person in the world who has more pieces from Art Wall than I do. She's an old friend of mine from College, the future Senator of Illinois and the owner of the title "most generous person I know." Sophie has agreed to share a few of her recent faves today on Art Wall.
(AW) Sophie, what's your favorite piece from Art Wall
(Sophie) My Orange Cuckoo Clock from Decoylab. It's a touch of whimsey in a funky color. People compliment it all the time. It also helped turn my husband's collection of Alpine flea-market oil paintings into an art wall. (image 1)
(AW) What's the best item in your handbag (besides your phone)?
(Sophie) Nars lipgloss. I love it and use it all the time. Someone left it at my house and I have completely stolen it. Not everything makes it to the lost and found basket. (Image 2)
(AW) Hmm, interesting. That's very interesting. Moving on...What's your favorite thing in your house under $10.00?
(Sophie) My signed Leroy Neiman print of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange. I found it wrapped in an old blanket in my Dad's storage locker, I almost threw it away. Or my kids' pieces on the "art wall" I've created for them. (image 3)
(AW) Do you have a recent luxury splurge?
(Sophie) I love, love, love the Uggs Corinth style boots I just recently bought. The wedge makes me almost six feet tall. (image 4)
(AW) What's on your spring freshen-up-the-house list?
(Sophie) Newly stained floors in the deepest, darkest shade--without a hint of red. Warm and inviting and already checked off the list. (image 5)

Sophie, thanks for taking time to stop walking around on your new floors with your new boots to talk to us today. We're going to have a chat about that lipgloss :)

Although Sophie doesn't have her own space online, she chose to point us in the direction of her favorite charity: Noah's Hope.
signature

2 comments:

jacqueline said...

Dearest Katie, this is such a wonderful column. I really enjoy reading this. :) Thanks so much for sharing and hosting it. Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to you!

Courtney said...

those are good picks...that print just about takes my breath away!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails