happy holiday

May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day! I hope everyone is having a great weekend. The summer has officially begun here, there's no turning back now. If you haven't noticed the "porch" on Art Wall has been pushed back a week due to the holiday. I figured not a lot of people would be internetting on this day of merry-making.

My "holiday" started off with a great night of dinner/girlfriends and Sex and the City 2. It was a fun girls night out, I already want to see it again. The fashion mixed with the New York apartments and Abu Dhabi hotel scenes were simply too much to take in with just one viewing.

Our pool opened on Friday, and for once it was hot enough to enjoy for the kick-off. I've been taking my sweet P to swimming lessons for a while now but this was the first time her dad got to see her in action. Dads are always more fun in the pool anyway, right?

Saturday was mini-golf and a family day, mostly. It was hot, hot hot so we put the sprinkler on, filled up the kiddie pool, grabbed some beers and plopped on lawn chairs...cue crickets, frogs and a panting pug.

Sunday was spent in Spring Green, Wisconsin at the annual Bob Fest with friends. I've always heard such wonderful things about that part of Wisco and the people there, but this is the first time I really "got it." The drive there and back was really half the fun. I'm not sure if there is a more beautiful spot in the Midwest than the rolling hills of Wisconsin.

We're headed to a barbeque today and a first birthday party. Maybe we'll head to the beach, afterward.

So, like I said: summer, summer, and more summer. What was your weekend like?

Wooden boat image: Dietel.
signature

1 comment:

Amy / Handmade Evolution said...

oh your weekend sounds heavenly. spring has made a return here with lots of clouds and rain... so i spent the weekend in our apartment trying out my new watercolors set. was great but i'm already daydreaming about some fun plans for next weekend!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails