start with art, inspiration: khristian a howell's "le grand roue"

December 08, 2010

This bedroom is inspired by Khristian A. Howell's: Le Grand Roue, 20x30", $65.00. I thought it would be very romantic in the bedroom and of course I picked the largest "statement" size. If you're into something smaller, there are 3 different sizes available.

I found a beautiful headboard (#1, $750) upholstered in vintage fabric from Spruce Home in Austin on Etsy and went from there. The vibe is french industrial. It could be for a fashion-y lady but is also just masculine enough for a young couple, maybe newlyweds. The lamps (#2, $149 each) are tiled capiz from West Elm. I thought they were the perfect size. The bedding (#3 $150/set) is simple all white, and also from West Elm. The dresser (#4, $300) is from Etsy seller Painted Patina. It's a larger piece and could be used for both husband and wife. The bedside tables (#5, $168 each) are from Urban Outfitters. I love that they have wheels, and lock in place. I have always wanted a pair of upholstered benches at the foot of my bed. These X-base stools (#6, $299 each) from Wisteria in grey would be a perfect graphic statement against the white bedding. Grand total for this romantic bedroom: $2,497--including the artwork.
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails