shout-outs: milk and baking

January 15, 2010


So, I don't have anything arty or homey to share today so I thought I'd give a few shouts. First off...congratulations to Jaime Derringer of Design Milk who launched a new "branch" of the Milk empire called Art Milk. There aren't a ton of big blogs out there solely devoted to Art--no chairs, no rugs, no coffee tables--just art--so I think Art Milk will be a well-received addition. Bravo, rah-rah and high-fives, Jaime.


Speaking of Jaime Derringer, she is 1/2 of the creative business firm "Bakery." Together with Erin Lochner of Design for Mankind, the pair offer 12+ years of business expertise in marketing, advertising, P.R., social networking, and website publishing. If you've never heard of Bakery before, do check out their website and blog, you're in for a tasty treat. I just finished up Bakery's first-ever "half-dozen" creative business class, and I can't say enough about it. The class started the same week that Art Wall launched, and it was just the kick I needed to get in gear and get going. Jaime and Erin together have just about every tool you need to start or advance your creative career, from writing a press release to taking master photos. Guess what? Just as my class ended, a new one is cooking up starting Febuary 1st. Fresh students+tested secret ingredients= businesses baked to perfection.

Images: Design Milk, Nancy Mungcal for Bakery.
signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here's a shout out for YOU - I put together a list of bloggers to watch in 2010 and your there! I realized that [not all but] a large portion of the bloggers I admire are written by women who are Mom’s PLUS _______. They are women just like me:

They are mothers who are driven to create and compelled to write about that creation process as a way of reaching out others. They occasionally show pix of and talk about their kids, but they’re using their blogs to help fulfill that creative urge. And if they’re anything like me, they are recording how that creation keeps them sane in a world filled with gotta do’s.

http://www.candiedfabrics.com/2010/01/15/bloggers-to-watch-in-2010-my-list/

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails