inspired by: frame wallpaper

January 14, 2010




I have to thank my friend and artist Jennifer Squires for reminding me of this wonderfully inspired wallpaper that made her think of Art Wall. I remember bookmarking something similar a few weeks back, and it turns out they are two different styles. The first two images are of Taylor and Wood's "Frames Wallpaper," available through Graham & Brown. The third image is of Lisa Bengtsson's "Familjen Wallpaper," which can be purchased through Le Souk. I love them both for different reasons. Ms. Bengtsson's is a little more graphic and refined while the Taylor and Woods option is whimsical and looks handmade. I've been thinking of papering a few spaces in my home with something black and white, perhaps I've stumbled on the perfect thing. I think I'd be a little too scared to draw directly in the frames--they are so beautiful as is, I wouldn't want any regrets. One option would be to purchase an extra roll (or just use scraps) to craft handmade frames with chipboard made bookbinding-style. You could either place the new frames directly on their "walled" counterpart or mix it up a bit willy-nilly. Which one do you favor?
signature

5 comments:

Ulmer Studios- Amber Ulmer said...

i love this!!!! so much!!!

marissa moss said...

i like the 2nd! the first is cute too, with the pictures drawn it, but without something in the "frames" they look rather like just squares. although, i guess they are nice as just squares too... but i prefer the one that looks like fames. it would be such a great way to post up polaroids and snapshots right onto the wall with just a little bit of sticky-tac that you could rotate out at whim. :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh! I've got those 2 Taylor and woods photos in an inspiration file somewhere on this here computer - thanks for the reminder - I LOVE it! The other one is neat too, but too perfect for me - for me it's all about the imperfection in a hand drawn line! But YUM!!!!

jacqueline said...

WOW these walls are gorgeous! I would love to have that gorgeous wall from the 2nd photo in my creative space! Have a lovely merry happy weekend and love to yoU!

Lori said...

I like the second one too! That would be great to put hang up some prints or pictures of your own.

BTW - I noticed you're signed up for Holly's Blogging Your Way also. I'm so excited for that to start on Monday! :-)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails