a good mail day

January 09, 2011

The mail has been a bit of a bummer since the high season of holiday cards and catalogs ended. Last Friday was a fun little exception, with two surprises in my box.


The first was a sample pack from Hable Construction. Now, just to be clear, I ordered the samples, the surprise was that some of them came much larger than I expected.


I even had enough of the magenta to make this cute clock for my little girl's new room. The hands of the clock would be much better in white but I'm trying to use what I have on hand (it's one of my intentions for 2011.) Doesn't everyone have clock parts and embroidery hoops in various shapes and sizes laying around?


My second surprise was this new book by Bunny Williams: Scrapbook for Living. My friend Mary who works for her in New York sent it to me as a gift. It's even signed--too, too sweet.


There are so many sources of inspiration online that I visit regularly, but I so miss settling in with a good home decor mag in hand. I can't wait to dig in.
signature

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love that clock! Need one for both kids rooms....

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails