my 2011 intentions, how am I doing?

June 01, 2011


Since we are one month away from being half done with 2011, I wanted to go through my year's intentions I think I'm doing pretty well...
1) Finish curtains for my girl's room, check
2) Answer my phone more, I'm doing much, much better with this and now I don't need to return nearly as many phone calls, what a bonus!
3) Weekly meal planning was going really well until the boy came along. It's on hold for now.
4) I did have a baby boy, a pretty cute one, I might add.
5) My painting projects are on-going. I did finish Polly's doors, her side table, the entryway and basement. I have yet to do her closet and rocking chair.
6) I've been lousy at tracking spending. I only did it one month and I think it depressed me too much. Maybe I'll resume it, but probably not.
7) I didn't really do much to enjoy the winter. Maybe next year.
8) I am listening to more music and enjoying it thoroughly.
9) So far I have printed out about a year and a half's worth of pictures. Only 9.5 more to go! It was pretty easy, actually, I just highlighted the images I wanted in iPhoto, then uploaded them to flickr as private, then chose to print them through snapfish (the two are linked.) So far, they are in order in a photobox.
10) I've been doing a good job of using the supplies that I have. Tucker's thank you cards were made out of old supplies and I'm doing his announcements using old A6 envelopes.
11) Photography progress: I bought and am reading Nicole's Photo 101 book, and it has been a great refresher and motivator. I want to take one of her classes, too, once I have a bit more time hands-free.
12) Party? Not yet. Still got 7 months for that one.
Images:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
signature

7 comments:

Metal Wall Art said...

Original gallery pieces can blow a budget and reproductions at an attractive price point are often overused and over displayed. And as if finding the perfect pieces wasn't tough enough, consider the grueling and expensive framing process.

Sonja said...

hey I just came across your website today, it's so so so awesome! I love it! I had to share. :o)

Wall art said...

Wall Gallery is not that so expensive if you are going to used recyclable materials. The gallery you have is so cute and your creativity really works.

Anonymous said...

Just discovered this blog, what a find! Some brilliant posts and tips on homely crafty things. Keep up the good work, whenever you get a minute away from the little one!

Laura Di Francesco said...

Hurra! A well done blog for all the illustrators like me that loves to find new inspirations!!

Thank you for sharing these lovely posts!


//Laura Di Francesco - Sweden

wall art said...

No. 8 sounds very fascinating! You mind sharing your favorite genre?

JohnOliver said...

I have bookmarked the page it is too good to have.
Brain Dumps

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails